I am giving away 2, 1 hour drum lessons for free next month at my ‘drumming marathon’ charity gig. For your chance to win all you have to do is come along to the show on 27th March at Sticky Mike’s Frog Bar and take part in the extreme charity quiz. There will also be a whole host of other prizes including, a pair of cinema tickets to The Duke of York, Troll’s Pantry burger vouchers, GBK food vouchers, PizzaFace pizza vouchers, a bottle of Kraken rum plus many more exciting prizes. Plus I will be performing with 3 of my bands, Derelicts, Louis Romegoux & Millou, and SEERS, and all the proceeds go to HIV and sexual health charity The Terrence Higgins Trust aiding raising money for my London Marathon 2014 run.
Whether you are a total beginner or a seasoned player wanting to improve on your technique I can help you achieve the goals you crave. My syllabus includes every aspect of learning to understand and play drum kit to a high level, be that working through the grades 1-8 or focusing on musicality and technique from my extensive workbook library and session genres. For a full list of workbooks and more detailed information on drum lessons visit my lessons page: http://thommillsdrums.co.uk/lessons/
Currently I have new availability in my teaching schedule for new drum students, so please feel free to contact me to secure a place.
Also currently offering drum tuning lessons, so if you are a drummer in need of better sounding drums or a producer / engineer looking to get that killer drum sound I can help you to get the sound you desire. You can contact me here directly for any lesson enquiries:
Bit of a personal band update, working with 7 original projects at the moment, Derelicts, an electro pop 4 piece, Ed Prosek, 8 piece acoustic singer songwriter, SEERS, 4 piece indie rock band, Louis Romegoux, solo singer songwriter, Holy Vessels, rock and roll outfit, Flash Gordons, psychedelic rock 2 piece and a double drumming as yet nameless project.
Debut Derelicts single release before the end of 2013, recording sessions for Ed Prosek, Louis Romegoux, SEERS and Holy Vessels for 2014 releases, and plenty of shows to keep me busy in the mean time. I will be updating the site with new releases as they come so keep them peeled!
I have a brand new section of my website, dedicated to my current set of drum students and showcasing videos of their talents behind the kit. Just click on the section above entitled ‘Students’ for the full list of videos and students, or just click this link:
Here is Bailey showing off a tidy groove!
Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information on drumming lessons: email@example.com
Every lesson I teach is tailored around the individual student’s musical taste, needs and ability. This way the student is motivated and focused throughout the lesson. My experience enables me to break drum teaching into 4 key areas:
- Sight Reading / Aural Perception – From basic notation and values to advanced chart reading, transcription, studying genres of music, drum grooves, click tracks, pieces and performance and Grades 1-8 also taught, if required.
- Technical Development - To achieve a perfect technique, study of Moeller system, Drop and snap technique, sticking, posture, breathing and all aspects of drumming technique.
- Drum Grooves & Fills - Study of specific grooves relating to individual genres, these include; Rock, Pop, Funk, Metal, Country, Afro-Cuban, Drum & Bass plus many more. Also study the relative drum fills used within these genres to help to form an understanding of how to write the perfect drum part.
- Session Drummers & Live Performance - Studying a vast selection of drummers and genres. Learning key performance techniques and songs to be performed live and along to tracks.
- Additional Subjects:
- Drum Tuning - How to make you sound great behind a kit, as you can learn all the greatest techniques, but if your drum kit doesn’t sound good this will have less impact. Also cover drum-kit care how to look after your gear and the internal workings of your drums.
- Music Industry - Learn the basics of how the industry works and how to get the best out of your career as a musician and own musical project.
My lessons are taught from my own written syllabus with aspects of other workbooks and exercises, techniques to achieve the ultimate drumming experience and information. I am also currently writing my own drum workbook.
I have my own drum studio based in Brighton where I teach from, provide mobile drum lessons where I travel to the student and teach on their own kit and also offer interactive drum lesson through Skype.
Musicians Union Member.
Skype Username: thommillsdrums
Rates – £30 per hour / £15 per half hour.
- Progressive Steps To Syncopation For The Modern Drummer – Ted Reed
- Stick Control For The Snare Drummer – George Lawrence Stone
- Master Studies – Joe Morello
- Advanced Techniques For The Modern Drummer, Vol 1 – Jim Chapin
- Conversations In Clave – Horacio “El Negro” Hernandez.
- The Drumset Musician – Rod Morgenstein & Rick Mattingly
- Advanced Funk Studies – Rick Latham
- Play Rock Drums – Joel Rothman
- Jungle/Drum ‘n’ Bass For The Acoustic Drum Set – Johnny Rabb
- Afro-Cuban Grooves For Bass And Drums, Funkifying The Clave – Lincoln Goines & Robby Ameen
- Trinity Guildhall, Drum Kit 4, Pieces & Studies, Grades 7 & 8.
I have now started to do Skype drum lessons, so you can now learn to play the drums from anywhere in the world! If you are interested you can contact me here or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. My Skype username is thommillsdrums, take a look at the video I did for www.gigsido.com to see into my drumming window…
You can also checkout my profile on gigsido.com here:
And check out my new website…