As of Mid-February I will be once again offering my services for drum lessons. These take place at my home drum studio in Hove, or I can alternatively come to you, if you have a drum-kit setup at home.
My rates are £15 per half an hour or £30 per hour, and these lessons are open to students of all ages and stages of learning, from complete beginners who want to learn the basics, to advanced players wanting to fine tune their playing. I also offer Skype drum lessons for those living further afield than the UK!
Have a look at my drum lessons page for a little more detail, or feel free to contact me through here if you have any other questions. Hopefully speak to you very soon!
I am now offering drum lessons over Skype so you can now learn to play the drums even if you live on a remote island! (Providing you have a good internet connection…)
For more details on drum lessons please contact me directly through the below contact form. Also don’t forget I offer your 1st drum lesson completely FREE! Joy of joys!
Pictured is Ged who lives in France and we do weekly drum lessons over Skype and they rock!
Every drum lesson taught is tailored around the individual student’s musical taste, needs and ability. This way the student is motivated and focused throughout the lesson. I cater for all ages and abilities, from absolute beginners to advanced drummers wanting to improve their technique. My experience enables me to break drum teaching into 4 key areas:
- Sight Reading / Aural Perception – From basic notation and values to advanced chart reading, transcription, studying genres of music, drum grooves, pieces and performance, & Trinity Guildhall Grades 1-8.
- Technical Development – To achieve a perfect technique, study of Moeller system, Drop and snap technique, sticking, posture, breathing and all aspects of drumming technique.
- Drum Grooves & Fills – Study of specific grooves relating to individual genres, these include; Rock, Pop, Funk, Metal, Country, Afro-Cuban, Drum & Bass plus many more. Also study the relative drum fills used within these genres to help to form an understanding of how to write the perfect drum part.
- Session Drummers & Live Performance – Studying a vast selection of drummers and genres. Learning key performance techniques and songs to be performed live and along to tracks.
- Drum Tuning – How to make you sound great behind a kit, as you can learn all the greatest techniques, but if your drum kit doesn’t sound good this will have less impact. Also cover drum-kit care how to look after your gear and the internal workings of your drums.
- Music Industry – Learn the basics of how the industry works and how to get the best out of your career as a musician and own musical project.
My lessons are taught from my own written syllabus with aspects of other workbooks, exercises and patterns to improve your drumming skill and achieve the ultimate technique and musical brain.
I have my own drum studio based in Brighton where I teach drum lessons from, I also provide mobile drum lessons in the Sussex area where I travel to the student and teach on their own kit and also offer interactive Skype drum lessons for students based further a field.
Thom Mills Drums – Brighton Drum Lessons:
- CRB checked.
- Musicians Union Member.
- Public Liability Insured.
Rates – £27 per hour / £15 per half hour.
Free 30 min consultation / introductory lesson available.
To enquire about drum lessons in Brighton & Hove and across Sussex please feel free to contact me here:
Whether you are a total beginner or a seasoned player wanting to improve on your technique I can help you achieve the goals you crave. My syllabus includes every aspect of learning to understand and play drum kit to a high level, be that working through the grades 1-8 or focusing on musicality and technique from my extensive workbook library and session genres. For a full list of workbooks and more detailed information on drum lessons visit my lessons page.
Currently I have new availability in my teaching schedule for new drum students, so please feel free to contact me to secure a place.
Also currently offering drum tuning lessons, so if you are a drummer in need of better sounding drums or a producer / engineer looking to get that killer drum sound I can help you to get the sound you desire. You can contact me here directly for any lesson enquiries: [contact_form]
Bit of a personal band update, working with 7 original projects at the moment, Derelicts, an electro pop 4 piece, Ed Prosek, 8 piece acoustic singer songwriter, SEERS, 4 piece indie rock band, Louis Romegoux, solo singer songwriter, Holy Vessels, rock and roll outfit, Flash Gordons, psychedelic rock 2 piece and a double drumming as yet nameless project.
Debut Derelicts single release before the end of 2013, recording sessions for Ed Prosek, Louis Romegoux, SEERS and Holy Vessels for 2014 releases, and plenty of shows to keep me busy in the mean time. I will be updating the site with new releases as they come so keep them peeled!
I have a brand new section of my website, dedicated to my current set of drum students and showcasing videos of their talents behind the kit. Just click on the section above entitled ‘Students’ for the full list of videos and students, or just click this link:
Here is Bailey showing off a tidy groove!
Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information on drumming lessons: firstname.lastname@example.org